Turning your good idea into dollars
National College of Vocational Education provides its NEIS clients with a specialised small business management trainer who will help you put your business idea into practice. They will provide you with individualised assistance to help you achieve your goals, and will maintain regular contact with you to provide extra help if you experience any business problems or need other additional support. On the completion of your small business training you will be the recipient of a Nationally Accredited BSB42615 Certificate IV in New Small Business.
We believe business mentoring and support is an essential component to ensure your business is a success. Our business mentors are people with proven business acumen and experience in small business, marketing, finance, accounting and other relevant business skills.
Business Idea Application
‘First we help you develop your business, and then we help you to grow your business’
As one of our NEIS participants you will receive NEIS business mentoring for the first year of operation of your business, including assistance and advice about organisational, financial and marketing issues to help you to successfully develop your business. This support does not end at the completion of your NEIS assistance, our door is always open for our clients. We will continue to support you and your business as it grows and your needs grow.
Your NEIS mentor will meet with you face-to-face, electronically and in person as often as you want during the first year of operation. This will help you maximise the success of your business. If you need extra assistance outside what is suggested on the NEIS program, you will receive it. If you need support at any time with your business you will receive it.
We are always happy to provide our NEIS business owners additional mentoring and support to ensure you have the best chance of getting your business off the ground.
What do you get from NEIS?
- Training in an accredited Small Business Management course;
- After completing this training and during which you commence your business you will receive NEIS Allowance for 39 weeks of business operation. NEIS Allowance is equivalent to the single, 22 or over, no children rate of Newstart Allowance, and is paid fortnightly in arrears, subject to you fulfilling your obligations under your NEIS Participant Agreement.
- During this time your NEIS Allowance is not be affected by income from your NEIS business. This differs from other allowance types provided by Centrelink which are means tested;
- You can also receive external income while participating in NEIS – that is, income from outside your business, such as from investments or other work, whilst you operate your NEIS business provided your external income is NOT greater than twice the basic rate of NEIS Allowance in a given financial quarter. But remember your primary objective is your NEIS business;
- You may also be eligible to receive NEIS Rental Assistance, which is a fixed rate payment made to you for a period of 26 weeks from the date you first receive NEIS Allowance.
Note: Recipients of Disability Support Pension, Carers Payment, Parenting Payment (Single) and some Department of Veterans’ Affairs pensions can choose to remain on these payments while participating in NEIS.
Are you eligible?