Certificate IV in Ageing Support
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements. They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
Why study IELTS with NCVE?
Lead from the front as an aged care team leader. Gain a deep working knowledge of the aged care sector, develop your personal leadership style and get on-the-job experience in this high growth industry.
This qualification will develop you professionally to further innovate and develop solutions to empower older people, provide personalized support to people with dementia, facilitate partner relationships with careers and families and provide individualized services that improve the lives of older people. This course will give you the skills you need to provide individual care to older people in home, community, residential or health settings.
The successful achievement of this skill set will result in a Statement of Attainment in BSB30120 Certificate III in Business and requires you to complete the units listed below:
Process customer complaints
Deliver and monitor a service to customers
Organise personal work priorities and development
15 Core Units
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE003 Coordinate services for older people
- CHCAGE004 Implement interventions with older people at risk
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS006 Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE002 Implement falls prevention strategies
- CHCCCS001 Address the needs of people with chronic disease
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
- Must be 18 years of age or over
- Have completed year 12 or equivalent
- Evidence of a minimum IELTS Score of 5.5 (CEFR = B2) or equivalent or achieve satisfactory score in NCVE’s VET Placement Test
- Available for Student visa holders only
All students must complete a mandatory minimum of 120 hours work placement in an aged care facility
Prior to entry the work placement students must meet the following entry requirements to facilitate their access to work placement venues:
- Apply online for an Australian National Police Check. This can be done through one of the accredited bodies listed on the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) website. A police check document must be provided to NCVE on or before commencing their work placement
They will also need to provide either:
- A national criminal record check with a certified translation from their home country, or any country where they have been a citizen or permanent resident since turning 16 years of age.
- A current Vaccination/Immunization Certificate and Proof of Immunity which included the following vaccinations:
o dTpa – Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
o Hepatitis B*
o MMR – Measles, Mumps, Rubella
o Varicella (Chicken Pox)
o TB – Tuberculosis – via risk assessment tool
- 56 weeks (holiday included)
- The study load for this course is 20 hours per week.
- 15 hours face-to-face (two days per week on campus) + 5 hours directed self study or 10 hours for Intensive course
- 120 hours of work placement
*NCVE will provide support and assistance with placements*
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.