PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS CAREFULLY
- You agree that:
- NCVE may inform the Department of Home Affairs of your enrolment variation which may adversely affect the
- Evidence such as flight tickets, medical certificates, death certificates must be submitted with relevant
- A Withdrawal Application Fee of $300 is applicable to process withdrawal requests. This fee is an
application fee only and does not guarantee that the requests will be approved.
- For all requests to be processed, you must have paid all tuition fees up to the date of the request.
- All refunds are subject to NCVE’s Refunds Policy.
- All requests are subject to relevant NCVE policies and procedures.
- NCVE will assess and reply to your request in writing within ten working days from the date of submission of
all required documents and information.
- Failure to provide adequate documents may result in further enquiries from NCVE which will delay the
processing of your application
- Deferral requests can only be made before the commencement of the course.
- Deferral requests can only be accepted if there are compassionate and compelling circumstances* defined
below or if there is a delay in receiving student visa.
- When a deferral is approved, the COE will be changed accordingly which might affect your student visa.
NCVE is not responsible for the problems which might arise as a result of inconsistencies between the
duration of your CoE and your student visa.
- Suspension requests can only be approved if there are compassionate or compelling circumstances* defined
- Students can only apply for maximum 3 months of suspension
- Where a suspension request is approved, the student’s CoE might be extended. In those cases, it is students’
responsibility to seek advice about the effect of CoE extension on the student visa.
- Withdrawal requests can only be approved if there are compassionate and compelling circumstances* as
defined below, if the student is returning to their home country for good or if the student’s student visa status
- Withdrawal requests will only be approved if the student has completed his/her first 6 months of the principal
course. The primary course is the last course the student is enrolled in. For example: If you are enrolled in a
certificate IV, then a diploma, the principal course is the diploma.
- If you have not completed the first 6 months of his/her principal course, at the discretion of the college, you may withdraw if you meet ALL of the following conditions:
o You have met academic progress requirements, and
o You have met attendance requirements, and
o You are up to date with your tuition fees payments, and
o You have provided a letter from another registered provider confirming that a valid enrolment offer has been made, and
o Exceptional circumstances relating to the change in your study and career goals which require changing the education provider sector were satisfied by NCVE.
- Please refer to the Provider Transfer Request Form.
Compassionate and Compelling Circumstances
NCVE defines compassionate and compelling circumstances as:
- Serious illness or injury, where a medical certificate states that the overseas student was unable to attend
- Bereavement of close family members such as parents or grandparents (where possible a death certificate
should be provided)
Enrolment Variation Form v.6.0 (Updated 13.03.2023)
This document is uncontrolled when printed. (Printed on: 13/03/2023) Page 3 of 3
- Major political upheaval or natural disaster in the home country requiring emergency travel and this has
impacted on the overseas student’s studies; or
- A traumatic experience, which could include; involvement in, or witnessing of a serious accident; or
witnessing or being the victim of a serious crime, and this has impacted on the overseas student (these
cases should be supported by police or psychologist reports).